Saturday, October 23, 2010

May 16.
I completely forgot that I used to work at Homegoods on Manchester and Sepulveda until I looked at this image a few minutes ago.  That was by far the shittiest job I've ever had.  Do not work there even if you really really really really don't care where you work.  It is just not worth it.  Sell drawings on Venice beach.  That would be way cooler.  No one was happy in that store besides my buddy Cesar.  He was the coolest.  Chill guy who just wanted life to be cool, get paid, live happy.  An inspiration in a place like that.  So hard to be happy when everyone (customers, co-workers, and bosses...and their bosses) gives you shit, never smiles, and even has after hours speaker announcements to all the employees on the clock not to "sign up with any union people outside the store right now.  They will make you pay money! it is no good and a very bad idea.  You will not be allowed to leave work tonight until you sign a paper that we give you saying that you will NOT go with any union reps!"  That MUST have been illegal.  I think I quit about three days after they said that illegal bullocks to us.  Couldn't believe it....scariest part is that none of my co-workers agreed with me!  mind warped by the consumerist society and that evil $ign.  Makes the city a scarier place than it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment