Monday, November 8, 2010

Daily Drawings (may 2009 to may 2010) one a day, 365 days.

June 30
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at the Hollywood Bowl.  An amazing concert to say the least.  It will never cease to amaze me when I am so lucky to listen to live music coming from those who I had only heard on cd....wonderful and enlightening. Inspirational in all forms of art and a deep breath comes in to my lungs.
 
June 29
This was a very exciting drawing to draw.  It gave me great pleasure to find more peace within the busy city.  All I had to do was look up as the sun was coming down.   

June 28
Sometimes a good drawing can come from simply looking down.  Drawing me drawing.  My hair is coming in from the top but it's not very focused because I 'aint focusing on it...

June 27
Another parking lot.  So great.  So beautiful.  Peaceful, calm, relaxing.  For objects that are literally driven so far and worked so hard, they get to rest momentarily in these big blacktop lots and sit so organized.  One calm space within the galactic chaos that is the city...a rarity.
June 25
Went to Corey Klass's new apartment.  He and all his buddies over there just sat and played video games the whole time whilst drinking whiskey.  BORING. So I chose to draw instead.  Ben Greenspan is at the top, Corey is to the left bottom, and their friend Ben just shaved his head.  Documentation is a marvelous experience.  Never thought I could remember so much as when I look back on these drawings. 
June 26
Can you find where this was drawn from?  well no, you can't.  It's in Westchester park across from my place once again but you won't find this exact view since they tore the benches down that I drew between.  Now there is some weird looking tent sun shields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment