Friday, November 5, 2010

Daily Drawings (may 2009 to may 2010) one a day, 365 days.

June 11
Sean Jen.  I knew this kid briefly over one semester.  We'd hang some times.  He would pay me $50 to drive him to games because he didn't have a car and didn't know LA very well at all.  Pretty nice gig I must say,  I would just sit and read, do my work, draw, etc. while waiting for him to be done with his games.  Went to Dodger Stadium, Staples Center, etc.
June 12
Haha i remember this day and it was pretty studpid/insane waiting for this thing...Facebook had a point in time when you could get your name as part of the website title.  I had recently joined a few groups consisting entirely of other Charlie Carroll's.  Being that my ego is bigger than one thousand suns, I decided that MY Charlie Carroll name must be superior to all the others by waiting until the very second when I could have MY title be facebook.com/charliecarroll!!! and it worked!  I was so excited, the world was mine for the taking!  None of the other few hundred Charlie Carroll's had shit on me cause I was THE charlie carroll now haha!  .....and then it dawned on me that I could have been THE CHARLIE and I totally fucked up by not waiting all that time to be the only charlie instead...  serves me right, right?

June 10 (still)
Up in the shop waiting for my chair to get CNC'd out.  That's the CNC machine to the right.  It's huge.  4'x8' does the trick most of the time.  LOVE that technology.   Such a sexy beast of a machine. 

June 9
I don't even know what was going through my head that day.  Oh, sleep deprivation how I loathe thee...
June 10
I dreamed of doing this that night so I had to get up and do it.  Self portraits from memory of what I think I look like...sort of a cop-out since I have easy features to place on a blank face and call it myself.  Glasses, long curly hair, beared...i could probably add the same bits to Lady Gaga's face and people would recognize me still.

 June 7
Kelly Wescott sits playing video games whilst I sit and draw his face.  First time (and only time) I visited his place in Moorpark.  Funny how it's hard to even consider your friend's houses "homes" when they are young and living in apartments....just seems so temporary that i find it illogical to attach their faces to their places only to separate them over and over as the years go on and their places of residency change on a constant basis.  Did I just repeat myself i think i may have just repeated myself myself?...
June 8
Ryry Klass sits on the bench at the bottom of the hill on Mullholland at Miniholland where we climb them rocks.  Such a beautiful spot.  too bad some lame-o taggers decided to completely ruin the rocks with their spray paint, making it impossible to grip onto the slippery, congested volcanic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment